Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun filled anime/manga reading, watching and RPG community.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stillwater

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Stillwater Empty
PostSubject: Stillwater   Stillwater EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:51 am

Have you see the OVA or read the manga series of Hellsing? If so how far have you gotten? If not please direct your attention to youtube, and watch OVA 1-4 at least. Warning: If you have watched the anime we require you watch the OVA, or read the manga. The anime is not canon. This is not our opinion. This is the law set down by the creator of Hellsing, Kouta Hirano.

Name: Stillwater

Physical appearance: Still is 6 foot 4 inches tall, and weighs 225 lbs. He is rarely seen without his mask on, but it is said he has short white hair and blue eyes. There are reports that he is also half-blind, having lost his right eye.

Clothing of choice: Stillwater wears a full-body orange and dark blue suit including a mask that is half orange with what appears to be a one-way mirror eyepiece, and the other half is dark blue or black and does not. This would suggest he is in fact blind in one eye. The suit is made from a kevlar type IIIA and nomex mesh, making it resistant to bullets up to a .44 magnum or .357 SIG round and also to fire up to 350 degrees C before it begins to decompose.

Weaponry of choice: Stillwater wields a sword that is extremely durable, made from a metal that is a purpose made from ta titanium, vanadium and copper alloy, making it very resistant to physical stress, and can hew through bone and flesh easily. With the press of a switch at the sword's hilt, the blade vibrates rapidly, increasing it's cutting power further.

Race: Enhanced human

Abilities: Enhanced Mind: Able to utilize 4 times more than a human's full brain capacity for information processing and sorting, Stillwater's mind is virtually a computer built for strategy and problem-solving, one that works well even when under stress and fatigue, although not at optimum capacity or even close to that. Using his superior problem-solving skills, Stillwater can work out a battle ahead of time for many possibilities, although some possibilities can escape his notice and predict enemy movements and tactics after the battle has engaged by recalling and utilizing memorized mannerisms acquired through past experience. He is also ingenious in devising solutions against superior aspects of opponents, can observe and exploit, and can calculate distance, speed, and time at lightning speeds; his sense of timing is superb.

Enhanced Reflexes: Stillwater possesses enhanced reflexes. The speed at which he reacts allows him to dodge fast-moving projectiles such as arrows. He can usually out-react most humans, although he has been outreacted by humans in the past.

Enhanced Strength: His entire muscular system was hardened and strengthened, allowing him to be "as strong as 10 men". His strength is approximately strong enough to allow him to bench around 2000 lbs.

Enhanced Stamina: Stillwater's muscles were performed on, slowing the rate at which they create lactic acid, allowing him to exert himself at peak capacity greater then almost any human could.

Enhanced Speed: Stillwater's leg muscles were hardened and strengthened, giving him the ability to run at speeds similar to an Olympic gold medallist and long distances out-performing most Olympic athletes.

Enhanced Senses: Stillwater's senses have been augmented to higher levels of ability. He can hear, see, and smell things better than a normal human. He has seen bullets in mid-flight, giving one the impression of his enhanced sight. The procedure to increase his sight went, as the phrase goes, tits up, and resulted in him losing an eye. This blind spot has proven to be a dangerous, even life threatening flaw.

Masterful Tactician: Stillwater is one of the greatest strategist and tacticians on the planet managing to seemingly calculate his opponents moves beforehand or even during the fight. People have claimed that Stillwater was, "One of the worlds greatest tacticians", although his plans can go awry if his opponent turns out to be more skilled than Stillwater previously thought.

Skilled Martial Artist: Trained in hand-to-hand combat and when he was in the Army, he proved himself to be one of their best fighters. During this time, he received Martial Arts training through Boxing, Jujitsu and Karate.

Organization: Unaffiliated

Personality: Stillwater is a man of honour who operates under a strict code of ethics, yet his sense of morality is flawed. He believes in using deadly force, and at times has acted as judge, jury and executioner for those he deems without honour or worth. In some occasions, he has fought on the side of angels merely because he believed in the cause. Other times, he has committed acts those who fight for good would be disgusted by. He seems to judge similar circumstances simply by the worth of his enemies. If they have worth, he will let them live, if they do not, he becomes something more of a butcher.

He cares only for those who have worth in his own eyes, and he will defend them with all his strength, often straying from his ethics in order to do so. It has been suggested that the increased mental capacity is slowly driving him crazy, as he becomes more and more violent. He claims to dislike bloodshed, but seems perfectly in his element during a fight, delivering intentionally lethal strikes with gusto. He doesn't believe in flair during a battle, claiming "the object of a fight is to incapacitate your opponent, not impress him with a few flashy moves."

Biography: Stillwater was once a scientist working on a way to decrease the number of human casualties in battle. Although he created better defences for soldiers, such as stronger body armour, the enemy always seemed to build a weapon powerful enough to counteract this. He constantly returned to the problem that humans took too long to think and react to a threat. With this in mind, he began to work on Project: Stillwater. The idea of the project was to make a human stronger, faster, smarter, more aware. As head of the project, he personally gained funds and permission from the military elite. Several batches of soldiers underwent the procedure, and it seemed to be a success, however, they did not react well to mental augmentation, and many became mentally unstable, even psychotic, and Stillwater himself realized it was because the soldiers he had been testing on had naturally low IQ scores.

When he informed the Joint Chiefs of Staff that the testing needed to be done on someone of higher intelligence, they suggested he run the procedure on some of his scientists. He disagreed with their ethics, and refused to do as they said. He was threatened with dismissal if he did not act upon commands, but refused to compromise his ethics. In refusal, he ran the procedure on himself, in the hopes that it would fail, and the project would be shut down before his friends and co-workers were experimented on.

His physical attributes were increased first, his strength, his speed, reaction time. Weights previously beyond his dreams became far easier, he was faster than his wildest dreams, and could go for much longer without having to rest. His reaction time had been ridiculously slow before, and yet now he was like a flash to react to threats.

Realising he was the only person to have undergone the process correctly, his increased mental capacity quickly worked out that it must be some physiological difference. Through blood analysis and an MRI scan, he found out that for some unknown reason, he seemed to have abnormal brainwaves for a human; he seemed to always have been hardwired towards problem solving. He went through intensive training of his body and mind, hardwiring him as a sort of combat computer. He was now stronger, faster, smarter, had more endurance, more aware. He was Stillwater. The project had been named that because, according to the mission statement, “once one of the Stillwater agents has been through a room, even the water will be still.”

After having gone on a number of jobs for the Army, Stillwater realised he was little more than a government-sponsored assassin, killing the enemies of America without compulsion or even thought. He found that the mental augmentation also hardwired the soldier to take orders without question. By rewiring his mental augmentation equipment, he managed to remove the “slave program”. He then rebelled against the project, destroying his equipment and the data on the project.

He later arrived on the scene as a peacekeeper of sorts, a man who dealt with threats when they arose, an urban legend. He used his incredibly durable sword from Project: Stillwater, and his prototype Kevlar and nomex suit.

RP sample:
Post 1
The cup of tea rested on the saucer, held in the dark blue glove of the peacekeeper. Stillwater sat down in the chair and lifted the cup with one hand, sipping lightly. The police scanner had been going crazy all day, and he was about to go round up some scum and beat them all. For now, his cultured background would be embraced. His mask was on a small table by his armchair. He looked up, his short white hair catching the light, his blue eyes twinkling with a roguish charm. He reached for the mask, pulling it over his face. The police scanner decided to give him something he found could use his help. A few cops had been drawn into a firefight. In a moment, he was sprinting out of his door, heading in the direction of the incident. Having grabbed his sword, he sheathed it as he reached a corner. Turning, he ran as fast as he could manage at the target.

“Dammit, where’s our backup?” One of the officers asked, firing off two shots from behind the car door before taking cover as the criminals’ automatic weapons tore through the flimsy door. From a nearby rooftop, Stillwater eyed the scene below him. He leaped, arms pointed in front of him, becoming the perfect projectile shape. He struck one of the thugs high in the chest, grabbing hold of his shoulders, rolled in midair, and launched the criminal into one of his partners. Suddenly, the shooting stopped as the criminals looked at the suited man.

“Ice that punk!” The leader said, and the criminals raised their guns. Stillwater pulled his sword, and they started to laugh, most of them loosening their grip on their guns. “Y’all brought a knife to a gunfight, you old sunova-” Stillwater’s sword swiped out, catching the man across the chest. He dropped back and the keeper of order started his lethal work, slicing out indiscriminately, hacking off arms and legs, heads and torsos. After a few minutes, the suit soaking up what little resistance they could muster. Stillwater stomped over to the young leader, looking through his one good eye at the useless streak of $#it. “Please man. Don’t kill me. I’ll give you anything.” “Stillwater’s sword scraped loudly on the floor as he slowly approached. “Money, drugs, women, anything! Don’t-” The sword raised up as he spoke, and shot down, burying itself in the punk’s ribcage. He sighed out one last breath, and then collapsed, at death’s door. Death would be a welcome escape for the warrior, but he had far too much work to do to slip away yet.

Post 2
The scientist looked at the information before him. “I see.” He eyed the MRI scan results. “What is going on here?” His co-worker stared at him. Stillwater turned around. “Let me guess. You’re going to ask me if there are any anomalous results.” A raised eyebrow from the super soldier was apparent as the PhD nodded slowly. “Only if you count one big anomaly as anomalous results.” The scientist looked shocked. “Uh-huh. My brainwaves are totally different. I figure that’s why I got through the mental improvements and no one else did. It’s not anything to do with the intelligence quotient at all.”

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT’S NOT RELATED TO THE IQ OF THE SUBJECT?!” Apparently, General Krelboyne didn’t appreciate being informed that the head of Project: Stillwater had been incorrect. Still, the super soldier stood his ground against the loud verbal assault and the spittle that spattered across his face.

“I mean, General, I was incorrect in my hypothesis. The actual reason I accepted the mental augmentation is due to my abnormal brainwaves. It’s a very rare condition. Because my brain formed quicker when I was a child, my brainwaves are not typical of a human. Therefore, the brainwaves the mental augmentation was affecting in a negative way are less prominent in my mind, allowing my mind to be able to comprehend the effects of being able to utilise forty percent of my brain capacity.” The scientist enjoyed using intellectual thought and reasoning when confronted with these military men. Hearts of lions, but brains of sheep, he thought.

“I don’t care what the real reason is, why didn’t you pick up on this before?” The general was beginning to calm down, allowing Stillwater’s words to get through and fall on keen ears. The scientist raised an eyebrow, a yawn rising in his throat. It was tiring to talk to one of such a low intelligence.

“My dear, dear general, it is called ‘trial and error’. Perhaps you’ve heard of it.” The scientist relished in the experience. He was fully aware of the gun at the soldier’s hip, and he was ready to combat if it became necessary. “It was such a low probability we doubted it was possible at all. However, just like anything, the problem was human error. However, there is a difference between an error and a mistake. An error can be corrected.” The general turned and walked off, apparently happy with the scientist’s explanation.

Post 3
The face below the white hair was set in a scowl as he hefted the equipment up into the air. With a yell of anger, he threw the piece of machinery across the room. It destroyed several computers and desks, along with the Stillwater equipment. A small fire began to break out. He activated one of the remaining computers and entered in his master override, deleting the computer system of all files that held a few phrases. The key phrases were “Stillwater”, “Krelboyne”, “super soldier”, and “mental and physical augmentation”. Slowly the computer yielded to his command. Unplugging the keyboard, he snapped it in two and tossed it away. He grabbed his unbreakable sword and began slicing right and left, hacking the equipment into pieces.

He grabbed the nearest bottle, and didn’t even look when he threw it. It struck a machine and shattered. The hiss and smoke that rose up as the chemical ate away at the metal and plastic. He assumed it was one of those experimental acids the chem boys were working on. Mostly pleased with his work, he grabbed a grenade he had snatched from the armoury. “This is an abomination. You want an assassin, you can go f#ck yourselves.” Pulling the pin, he tossed the grenade and shut the door, going to the door marked “Stillwater’s armoury”. Yes, the super soldier required a different armoury to the normal humans. He pulled on his suit, tugging the mask over his face. His sword went into a scabbard he placed on his back A grenade belt, a pair of machine pistols and an assault rifle joined it as Stillwater’s arsenal. Hidden pouches served as hiding places for spare magazines.

He walked out of his armoury, and exited the base. Two soldiers tried to stop him, and he brushed them aside with his blade like they were nothing. Sheathing the crimson sword, he reached for the grenade belt. The guard towers were nearby. He pulled away one of the fat round explosives and pushed his thumb into the pin. Slipping the pin out, he tossed the grenade at the tower on the left. The foundations let out a loud bang, the tower falling and taking out the next one across like a massive domino. Picking his way through the wreckage, Stillwater exited the base, no resistance brave or stupid enough to show itself.

Last edited by Stillwater on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:50 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

Stillwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stillwater   Stillwater EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:48 am

It's a pretty good crossover with a few problems. In this game especially, there will never be such a thing as an unbreakable anything. You can make it a really strong metal but modify the unbreakable weapon. Also, please mention a bit more about this staff and how it emits energy and furthermore, what is the purpose of it. At first glance, he already seems a bit overpowered so make a few changes somewhere and I will approve it.
Back to top Go down

Stillwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stillwater   Stillwater EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 pm

He's pretty psycho and who's to say if he will completely fit but hopefully you will do it right because I always had a soft spot for a Slade crossover.

APPROVALS: 01

DISAPPROVALS: 00
Back to top Go down

Stillwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stillwater   Stillwater EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Ooooh this is gonna be tough. I'm a Deathstroke fanboy but I'm gonna have to crack the whip on a few points here.

1) Lose the enhanced mind bit, 9 times a human's brain capacity is too much for the Hellsing verse.

2) Tone down the speed a bit. I have no problem with the strength of ten men, but give him speed comparable to a professional athlete to balance it out. As for enhanced reflexes, that's fine by me but word it a bit differently. Something along the lines of peak human reflexes or just a touch above. Most people can't move at half of what the human body is capable of so you'll still be fast as hell compared to most.

3) Calling him the best tactician in the world might be a stretch considering guys like the Major and Marcus Cruor walking around the Hellsing-verse who's claim to fame is being incredible tacticians but there's no harm in calling Stillwater "one of the best" so that's fine by me.

4) Expand the personality a bit. I'd like to know where he draws the line between being a merc and adhering to his code of honor.

5) Lose the laser staff. As cool as Slade's bo staff is, energy weapons are a no no.

6) "He went through intensive training of his body and mind, managing to defeat a group of highly trained martial artists with one hand whilst solving a rubix cube with the other." <== That's a bit much dude. Once again, totally badass but remember, you don't need to worry about going up against guys like Superman or the Martian Manhunter on a site like this. Humor me and take out that line.

Sorry if I seem nitpicky, I really do love old Deathstroke but I can't approve this til those edits are made.
Back to top Go down

Stillwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stillwater   Stillwater EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Father Anderson and Artisto have already pointed out a few things that need to be remedied before this profile can be approved: I am going to add to this list. Think of me as the callous, hard-ass, well-meaning moderator.

Let’s start at the top and work our way down. Firstly, your suit: it is made of ”‘triple weave Kevlar (capitalized) and Nomex (also capitalized) mesh”, which makes it “resistant to bullets and also to fire.” I have a problem with this statement: the particulars are missing. Kevlar is not resistant to all caliber rounds; if you wanted to go with the highest specs, those would belong to the Type IV armor level, used for protection against armor piercing rounds. However, this type of armor is heavy, bulky, and not at all what your suit seems to appear. Since you are a scientist and a genius to boot, I am certain you can find a way for this to work, although you have also woven it with Nomex - that does have a critical point (350°С) in which it will begin to decompose. Please explain to what level your armor/suit can withstand arms fire and heat and I will be most appreciative.

Secondly, the sword and the staff. I am with Father Anderson: drop it. As for the sword, there is no such thing (though who knows, I could be wrong) as an ‘unbreakable’ one. So, based on that, what makes it so incredibly strong? From the little amount of detail, it almost appears to be a tiny chain saw.

And here is the largest section we need to work on: the Abilities. You have eight (if I am counting correctly) Enhancements that make him over-powered with vague descriptions. The enhanced mind and ‘tactician’ section needs to be pared down and scaled back a bit; as Anderson said, there are two ‘masterminds’ on this site at the moment, and they have already been noted as the greatest at what they do. This does not mean that you cannot be highly intelligent; instead you could be considered one of the top minds instead. As for the Strength, Speed, Reflexes, Stamina and Senses, there needs to be a much greater amount of information provided. ‘As strong as ten men’. What does that equal to on this site? Category D vampire? And how were they enhanced? This stamina and reflexes of his, are they comparable to something? Everything you have given is leaning towards a powerful, unbeatable character in both mental and physical categories.

I do not mind powerful characters, but you haven’t balanced him with any sort of weakness. Nothing. He is nearly perfect. No one in the Hellsing universe is perfect, not even Alucard or Anderson (though they might disagree). He is blind in one eye, yes? Or not, as you haven’t actually confirmed anything about his blindness. Regardless, use that as some sort of draw-back. Have the experiments he does on himself go awry occasionally. Anything to make this almost-human more believable.

Now that that is over, I would like to tell you I am not all for direct cross-overs, but seeing as how I have a minor one of my own, I cannot complain. So, with all this said, please take into consideration what I and my fellow moderators have suggested. Until edits have been made, I will withhold my vote.
Back to top Go down

Stillwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stillwater   Stillwater EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:46 am

>Will get to reading this in about 8 hours<
Back to top Go down

Stillwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stillwater   Stillwater EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:52 pm

LOL Sirina.

Well, I edited most of the things you've said about, but I may have missed something cos I'm tired. If I have, calmly point it out, and then slap me for being such a fool.
Back to top Go down

Stillwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stillwater   Stillwater EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Dude I'm sorry but reading through this sheet again I just gotta say no. In short, he's faster, stronger, more durable, more skilled, and far smarter than anyone he fights. That's just asking for trouble in the future. In a more over the top verse like DC comics he fits in fine because everyone he fights would be just as overpowered but here the vast majority are just highly trained soldiers. Apologies again.

APPROVALS: 01

DISAPPROVALS: 01
Back to top Go down

Stillwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stillwater   Stillwater EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:10 pm

I am - unfortunately - going to agree with Anderson. There is just too much here for him to be a workable character.

Also with apologies:

Approvals: 1
Disapprovals: 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stillwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stillwater   Stillwater Empty

Back to top Go down

Stillwater
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum :: Registration :: Hellsing Registration :: Registration :: Disapproved-
Jump to: