Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun filled anime/manga reading, watching and RPG community.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Empty
PostSubject: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Soo Young sat cross legged in her cell in a straight jacket attached to a chain bolted into the wall. After her  recent assault on 5 guards when they'd "Attempted" To feed her Guantanamo style. She'd broken quite a few noses that day and paralyzed one from the neck down. Ever since then they'd been feeding her all of her meals in a rubber tray. She glanced up as the door to her cell opened revealing a soldier carrying her daily meal. Soo Young's eyes followed the young man as he stepped into the cell and placed the tray on the floor in front of Soo Young.

"It would be easier to eat, If I could use my hands..." Soo Young said focusing her gaze on the man's back. The man shivered he could feel Soo Young's piercing gaze upon him "I-I can't do that...My orders state that your hands must remain bound at all times..." The soldier said. Soo Young shook her head "If I'd wanted to kill you...do you think having my hands bound could stop me?" Soo Young said. The man turned his face a bit fearful "I-I don't have the key..." He said. Soo Young got to her feet walking forward the only sound she made was the chain rattling as it moved with her. "Your lying...The key is in your pocket...The guards always have the key to my jacket on the same ring to my cell..." Soo Young said she'd noticed it enough times to know it to be true.

The guard shook his head "I-I still can't let you out of that jacket my orders are clear." The man said. As he said this a larger guard entered this one was bald and covered in tattoos judging from the ones on his arms and the few sneaking up from beneath his collar. "Are you feeding her or flirting with her Private? What's the hold up." The larger man said. The Private stood at attention "S-Sir Convict Seung is requesting her hands be unbound so she can eat properly sir!!" The private said. Soo Young smirked "So your the new CO of my cell block...Disappointing." Soo Young said seating herself back on the floor. The large man turned his gaze upon the small Korean woman and stormed over kicking aside her tray. "You shut your mouth!!" The man said gripping Soo Young's hair and forcing her gaze upwards.

Soo Young's next move came quickly as her feet kicked out forward kicking both of the man's feet out from under him causing him to fall face first into her lap. The next few moments were a bit slower as Soo Young's legs wrapped around the man's neck in a crude Triangle choke. The man gasped for breath as Soo Young's grip around his throat tightened she turned her gaze upon the soldier standing and watching the scene. "Keys...now..." Soo Young said. The soldier rushed over an immediately undid the lock holding Soo Young's straight jacket in place. Once the fabric fell away Soo Young released the man and rolled to her feet. "Much better..." Soo Young said stretching her arms. The large man stared at her with the fires of anger burning in his eyes "You idiot why'd you let her go!!" The large man yelled at the Private. "S-She was going to kill you sir!!" The Private said.

Soo Young shook her head "You could have done alot of things punched me...kicked me...But you gave in to my demands...How pathetic..." Soo Young said smirking as she crossed her arms. Soo Young walked over to where the straight jacket now lay picking up a pack of crackers that had fallen from the tray onto the floor and opening it with her now free hands. "You can go now.." Soo Young dismissing both soldiers with a lazy wave of her hand. The Large man grit his teeth but grabbed the younger soldier pulling him from the room before closing and locking the cell behind them. Neither were willing to get into a fight with Korean after seeing what she was capable of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:02 am

===>Entrance

And so he was to play the recruiter today. Odd. Granted, he'd dabbled in it in the past but it was far from his specialty. Most times Steeler handled the situation himself or simply sent in an extraction team to forcefully grab the prospects. The old man must have been short handed to have passed along the assignment like this. No matter, orders were orders. Slowly making his way through the facility, Brandon was far from proper military dress. Dark washed jeans rode comfortably as his white tennis shoes avoided several puddles of various origin in the hallways leading to his target with a plain black t-shirt and dark grey sleeveless windbreaker completing his non-mission apparel.

His paperwork was obviously in order, having slipped past security checks without incident with little more than an additional nod to his guest pass required to get gy any other guards he encountered. Finally reaching the desired cell block, he pass wordlessly by two flustered soldiers leaving a cell. Reception had said the new CO was visiting her at that very moment. "Guess I found her cell" the archer noted, reaching into his pocket. The men upstairs had provided him with a copy of the cell key to gain entry into her living space meaning he didn't need to deal with the frustrated CO to proceed. Instead, he simply opened the door to the terrorist's cell and entered without introduction, closing the door behind him and slipping the key back into his pocket.

For some, being in such close proximity to a feared terrorist would be unnerving. This was not the case for the currently unarmed Cole who stared at the woman before him with both hands in his pockets, his weight evenly distributed on the balls of his feet. She matched the file photos. This was the girl alright. Evidently he'd interrupted her meal. Oh well, chances were his offer would resolve any sour mood his interruption had put her in anyway. "Nice tattoo," was all he said by way of greeting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:11 am

Soo Young ignored the new person entering her cell as she continued to eat her simple meal of crackers and bottled water. As she finished her last cracker she tossed the wrapper aside watching as rats scurried out from the dark corners of her cell to fight over the crumbs she'd left behind. Her gaze turned to the newcomer as he spoke of her tattoo. Her eyes moved downwards to the tattoo on her forearm. She looked back to the man and shrugged "It serves it's purpose well then..." Soo Young said as her eyes studied this man. He was different from the average grunts that guarded this place. The way he carried himself and the way there was no fear or hesitation in his movements interested her. There was something abnormal about this man.

"So...Let me guess...CIA? NSA? Alpha Protocol?" Soo Young asked trying to guess where this man had come from. Honestly she couldn't see this man coming from any of those agencies. The CIA was too incompetent. One could simply look up CIA on google and their headquarters showed up along with a cheesy website. "Course where your from doesn't matter I suppose..." Soo Young said getting to her feet and stretching her back listening to a few of her bones pop back into place. "What really matters...is why your here..." Soo Young said leaning against the back wall of the cell her eyes studying the man infront of her. She looked relaxed but in reality her body was tensed to act at a moment's notice.

Most men even the veteran soldiers around Guantanamo were wary around her. But this man showed no fear at being in the same room as a internationally feared terrorist something she both respected and resented about the man. A man who showed no fear was either a fool or had no reason to fear. She assumed the second meaning he was not to be underestimated. She crossed her arms "So then...Out with it...What do you want?" Soo Young asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:11 am

She went on with her little interrogation, trying to deduce who he was working for. That was fine, he had the time to kill for the moment. Instead of answering quickly, he sat down on the cell floor across from her, left leg outstretched and his right hand draped over his right knee. Just as she studied him, he was studying her. She obviously had her pride intact. That was good. A predator that had been broken in a zoo was of little use to an organization like theirs. He could use that hunger for freedom to make things go that much more smoothly. Finally, the archer decided to speak up. "Vampiric Weaponry and Advanced Tactics. The V.W.A.T." Brandon said offhandedly telling her who had sent him. He gave it a moment to sink in, the nature of the supernatural that is, before continuing. He knew very well that this was going to be the hardest part, convincing her to buy into all this monster business.

"I was sent here to offer you a position with us. They'll give you freedom to move as you please when not on missions," Cocking his head to the side slightly, he added in the trade off before she got too excited. "You'll be fitted with a shock collar at all times. Step out of line and they fry you. In addition to that the missions themselves have a high mortality rate," To most, such terms would be absolutely unacceptable. Then again, most people didn't get this offer now did they? Considering the conditions this woman had been forced to live with, she just might accept. "Join up or sit here and teach the rats how to dance. Either way I'm leaving in five minutes."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 3:12 am

Soo Young raised a questioning eyebrow at the man's next words. She needed to repeat the words to herself a few times before they finally sank into her mind properly. "Vampires..." Soo Young said staring at the man for a few more moments. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the concrete wall of her cell. "I've heard crazier things before..." Soo Young said shrugging. She crossed her legs and leaned forward her eyes scrutinizing the man infront of her for any sign of deceit. After a few moments she concluded that the man truly believed what he was saying to her and listened closely her interest now piked.

She listened to the offer he presented to her and cocked her head. These people were really willing to let her, Seung Soo Young the CIA's public enemy #1 Walk free just to hunt vampires. She sighed as the terms to her freedom came up in the conversation she scowled at the mention of the collar. "Great...so I'm going to be collared like a dog and thrown to the wolves..." Soo Young said crossing her arms and closing her eyes as she thought for a few moments. "I suppose the deal could be worse..." Soo Young said opening her eyes her eyes falling upon the man sitting infront of her. "It's time for a change of scenery...Concrete walls and Military Camouflage get old after a while..." Soo Young said getting to her feet. Suddenly the door to the cell opened and the large man who she'd incapacitated stormed in glaring at the man and then at Soo Young. "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?" The man bellowed. Soo Young grinned "Ah...I was just about to leave...Did you come to say goodbye?" Soo Young asked.

The man stepped forward pointing a finger at Soo Young's face "Your not going anywhere Seung your gonna stay right here and rot!" The man yelled spittle flying from his mouth as he yelled. Soo Young wiped a bit of saliva from her cheek and glared at the man before her fingertips drove into his throat. The man stepped back gasping for air as Soo Young lowered her hand. The man dropped to the floor gasping as he tried to breath through his swollen throat. Soo Young looked toward the man who'd come to pick her up and smirked "He'll live...shall we go?" Soo Young said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 7:24 am

This woman had taken the revelation of the supernatural far more easily than he had ever anticipated. Perhaps it was simply lip service to get herself out of here. Or maybe she was simply cold enough that she didn't care about such news anymore. Cole had no way to truly know but it didn't matter so long as he didn't need to waste an afternoon trying to convince her that punks with fangs ran around causing chaos in America. That aside, he couldn't really fault her for her complaints. Steeler's terms were rather extreme.

"They don't expect you to survive. Beat the odds long enough and they'll give you a full pardon," Brandon said with a light shrug as the cell door flew open and the large guard he'd passed in the hallway stormed in. Catching the cell door before it hit him or banged about wildly, Brandon ignored the agitated man's glare. Regardless of guards complaints, the terrorist would be walking out of this concrete box by the end of the day.

Rising to his feet, the archer watched with vague interest as the terrorist egged her oppressor on even further before finally dropping him with a single move. It was well-executed to say the least. The guard should have been trained to handle a move like that but the woman had played him like a fiddle and picked him apart. Obviously the reports of her killing guards and other prisoners despite restraints were not exaggerated. Making his way around the cell door and out of the filthy holding cell, Cole didn't spare the downed guard a second glance. "You assume I care," he responded to her guarantee that the security officer would survive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Soo Young watched the man leave the room and then glanced down at the choking man beside her. "I guess lying was useless then..." Soo Young said staring at the dying man with a look of indifference in her eyes. The man's eyes widened at the revelation he'd just received before gripping onto Soo Young's pants leg gasping and gurgling trying to get as much breath into his lungs as possible. Soo Young pulled her leg from his grasp and followed the recruiter out of the cell shutting it behind her. A small collection of soldiers were standing outside most of them experienced but a few seemed fresh out of boot camp as well.

Soo Young looked around at the group blocking her way every one of them seemed unnerved by the wheezing breaths coming from the other side of the door. "If you'll excuse me...I have places to be..." Soo Young said tucking her hands into her pockets. She could already tell by the fear in the eyes of the men in front of her that none of them would dare make a move. The group split apart like the red sea moving to line against the walls creating a path for the woman. Soo Young walked past them after the man who'd freed her from this miserable place. "So...Survive and earn my freedom...These freaks must be quite troublesome if they are willing to offer my freedom for a few of them dead..." Soo Young said catching up with the man.

Everywhere throughout the complex they went Soo Young could see the eyes of every guard upon her as if expecting her to snap the neck of some poor bastard at random. She rolled her eyes as a few younger men quickly rushed out of the way to press against the walls as she approached. In the short amount of time she'd been here her reputation had never been stronger. The briefing the men had received on her had been short but it told them enough to know that she was dangerous and not to be taken lightly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Leaving the guard to whatever fate awaited him, Brandon made his way down the halls with Seung Soo Young in tow, occasionally flashing his credentials to move through the security checks. By and large though, the guards never stepped near them, obviously intimidated by the terrorist walking with him. Her reputation held some serious weight within these prison walls. Then again she was arguably the most wanted criminal in here and had required the greatest amount of international cooperation to finally bring in. Thankfully, she imprisonment had been secured before VWAT was brought into the mix. Otherwise, Brandon may have very well been the man assigned to kill the woman he was now freeing.

"They're stronger and faster than any man alive. They'll dodge bullets and rip the shooter in half before he even knows he's missed. There's a reason V.W.A.T. relies on convicts, they're expendable," he replied to the terrorist's latest observation on the work she would be doing. They had one more set of security checkpoints to get through when Cole abruptly stopped and drew a black object out of his hand. It was a matte black choker of some sort. Holding it in his outstretched palm towards Soo Young, he finally locked eyes with her for the first time since leaving the cell. "Put it on. I'm not about to let somebody like you walk out of here uninhibited, even if it is just to the Humvee waiting to take us back to base." In all honesty, Cole was confident enough in his abilities to believe he could get her back to base should she get a bit unruly even without the collar. However, taking chances like that got a man killed and Brandon had seen enough cocky fools lose their lives due to less risky moves. He wanted insurance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:45 am

Soo Young stopped as her guide did she tensed a bit wondering if all this vampire business had been a sham to lull her into a false sense of security. If it had been it had failed miserably and she was more than ready to snap this man's neck. However her eyes wandered down to the object in his hand as he turned. She listened as he described the object he was holding in his hand and took it from him. "Out of one pair of shackles and into another..." Soo Young said staring at the black choker in her hand.

She sighed and fastened it around her neck with a click as it locked around her neck. She scowled as she tugged at it a bit finding it less than comfortable. Finally she addressed his description of these so called "Vampires" The idea of these creatures being so deadly actually seemed enticing. "Sounds like an interesting challenge...It's no wonder you use people like me to hunt them down..." Soo Young said before directing her gaze over his shoulder at a few soldiers standing at the last set of security checkpoints.

"These "Soldiers" wouldn't last a moment in a real war...." Soo Young said. The majority of soldiers she saw these days were kids who wanted to shoot a gun or enlisted to fight terrorists. They had no ambition except for patriotism it was a folly purpose in her mind. Men and women dying in the name of a flag and a bunch of politicians would always be a fools choice. There was no purpose other than to fuel the reputations of politicians sitting back in Washington D.C.

Soo Young turned her eyes upon the man who'd recruited her for his organization. "So then hunting vampires...I suppose you'll be outfitting me then? Or am I to fight these creatures with harsh language and my fists?" Soo Young asked crossing her arms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 am

Watching her hesitantly put on the choker, Brandon nodded once before continuing onward through the remaining security checks. Slipping through the metal detector just before the main entrance, Cole declined replying to her commentary on the state of the facility's soldiers or the challenge posed by VWAT missions. On one hand, he knew that the massive casualty rates associated with these missions made thinking of them as mere challenges in bad taste. However, as much as he hated to admit it, deep down he felt exactly the same way. That was his motivation for joining the Rangers, his motivation for choosing his current weapon. Everything he did these days seemed to be in search of that rush of excitement and fulfillment. "Let's talk outside," he said beckoning her onward.

Up ahead, a barred steel door was the final obstacle to the outside. Though visibly conflicted, the guards on duty responded well enough to an obvious order coming down from on high and moved to open the heavy door for Brandon and Soo Young. Squinting for a moment as his eyes adjusted to the harsh sunlight outside, the archer stepped through the doorway and took a moment to savor the fresh air. Even just his short time inside that facility had left a bad taste in his mouth. Looking to his left, the military issue Humvee sat waiting for them. Hands still in his pockets, he headed for the back seat. "This is the U.S. military we're talking about. You'll have full access to weapons of your choosing and ammunition appropriate for the assignment. Within reason," he added. There was no way in hell Steeler was about to let this woman get her hands on a Patriot missile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:08 am

Soo Young felt a smirk spread across her face as the man remained silent in the face of her comment. She could tell that he thought the same, He was like her he craved a challenge to his skills just as she did. She however didn't call him out on it there didn't need to be words spoken to know that they were the same in some ways. As he spoke and gestured her to keep moving she followed her eyes trained on the man in front of her. She was curious about him he was different from the average military grunt the way he carried himself and spoke didn't speak the same story the voices of so many men around this facility did. It wasn't just boot camp and deployment. He was a warrior tempered to for a purpose what that purpose was eluded her but she was curious to know what purpose he served in this world.

As they came to the final obstacle in the way of her freedom she smiled as the guards in front of the door glared at her with distaste in their eyes. She could tell by the way they gripped their rifles that they wanted nothing more than to put a few rifle rounds in her. But they were bound by orders to let her live. She followed the man out through the door as it opened taking in a deep breath as the fresh ocean air hit her. She glanced back at the men still standing by the door. Their hateful glares remained and only served to amuse her if they were real warriors they wouldn't hesitate they'd eliminate the threat before it could grow. Soo Young turned away shaking her heard, That was what set the man in front of her apart from the men behind her. She had no doubt that this man would attempt to kill her if he did not see her as a valued asset.

As they walked toward the Humvee waiting nearby she smiled "Hmm Weapons of my choosing...This job may not be as horrible as I once thought..." Soo Young said as she followed him to the back seat of the Humvee. Being a terrorist put a limit on the equipment she was able to obtain, The Black Market was a good source but there were things that even they couldn't obtain. "I'll have quite a wish-list set up if what your saying is true..." Soo Young said as she mentally formed a list of weapons that she'd like to get her hands on. Her eyes fell upon the man's back once more before she asked her next question "What about explosives?" Soo Young asked, She knew that her reputation for bombings and such was infamous amongst Military Intelligence and couldn't help but wonder if they'd trust her with such ordnance even if they had her collared like a dog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:26 am

Sliding into the back seat of the Humvee, Cole left space open for Soo Young to enter as well. The chivalrous thing to do would probably be to hold the door open for the lady. However, Brandon wasn't exactly a knight in shining armor and he wasn't quite sure if he'd call a mass-murdering terrorist a "lady" persay. Once the Korean woman had entered the car and closed the door, the archer leaned forward and tapped on the cage separating the front and back seats to signal the driver to get moving. Shock collar or not, Brandon wasn't taking any chances with this woman getting at their driver en route to the airport.

Arms crossed over his chest as he leaned back in his seat, Cole slightly turned his head to address Soo Young from the corner of his eye. "Explosives are supposedly your specialty so you'll be given whatever you need to get the job done." Reaching up, he gestured to his own neck, devoid of a security collar. "That collar monitors your movements. Get cute and the man in charge won't hesitate to fry you on the spot," Cole said, his eyes growing a touch darker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:54 am

Soo Young settled into her seat in the Humvee crossing her arms and legs as the vehicle began to move. The cage was an unnecessary precaution she'd spent the last 4 months in a cage and didn't like the idea of being in another. Plus if she did go after the driver all it would take to go south was the driver turning in the wrong direction, And Soo Young had no intention of dying that easily. As the man spoke once more she felt a grin spread across her face, It seemed like she'd have all the things on her wishlist granted then. For so long she'd used improvised explosives the thought of getting her hands on actual military grade ordnance was extremely tempting to her.

"Cute? I wasn't aware that my activities were being seen as...cute." Soo Young said glancing at the man. She found herself prodding the collar around her neck once more. It would be a reminder that she was no another dog for the military to throw at their problems. Soo Young scowled before turning away to look out the window. The freedom would be worth it but the thought of being chained like an animal left a poor taste in her mouth. "So...I need intel...I need to know fully what these "Vampires" are capable of..." Soo Young said not turning to meet the man's eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Setting his gaze on the road visible through the front windshield up ahead, Brandon watched their vehicle's progress from the prison. They were en route to a small cargo sea plane that would be taking them back to the mainland where they could jump over to a proper aircraft to make the final leg of the journey to base. He'd expected a bit of curiosity on her part. What sane person wouldn't have questions in a situation like this? Reaching into the pocket in the back of the driver's seat, Brandon pulled out a thick office file and handed it to her.

"There's the basic rundown on the abilities of known supernaturals. Monster hunting 101," Lacing his fingers together behind his head, Brandon got comfortable and crossed his legs, right ankle to left knee, as their Humvee made a beeline down the road to where the waiting cargo sea plane was waiting with its loading ramp down. They were going with a wet landing, simple driving through the surf and up the ramp of the plane currently anchored in the shallow water. Braced for the bump, Cole didn't lose his comfortable position as the car rumbled through the water and into the plane. "Oddly enough, the movies are pretty accurate. Strength, speed, healing, transformation. They've all got a bag of nasty tricks. Garlic and crosses don't do shit. Christian blessings and silver work though," Cole explained, briefly thinking back on Private Jenkins who had confidently charged a vampire with a sharpened cross wrapped in garlic cloves. They'd needed three miniature body bags and a mop to clean him up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:52 am

Soo Young took the file and read through it carefully identifying things relevant to what she'd be doing in the field. She spotted a picture of various body parts lying around a pile of ash most of these body parts she noted were wearing Military equipment. No doubt it was a botched first attempt by VWAT to assault the vampire threat using their so called "Military Superiority" she flipped through the file more her eyes scanning for important intelligence. Her eyes caught a few keywords particularly a few based on use of explosives when facing Vampires. Most of these attempts were met with failure due to lack of silver in the kill attempt. Soo Young rolled her eyes there was simple way to remedy that. Already her mind was formulating ways to make the tool useful. One only simply needed to place a few ball bearings inside of the explosives likely made of silver and the C4 would eject it during the blast. It would be crude but in her experience sometimes what was crude also was effective.

"So superhuman satanists...fun..." Soo Young said as she read through the file reading on the weaknesses of Vampires mainly silver and blessings and Mercury tipped bullets here and there. Soo Young closed the file abruptly having read all she needed to. She felt the Humvee bounce as it entered a plane docked just off the beach. "As long as it bleeds...It can die..." Soo Young said shrugging. She turned her eyes to the man seated beside her "So...Do you have a name or shall we remain perfect strangers?" Soo Young asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 am

Noting the slight hum in the plane's engines audible even in the car's interior, Brandon rolled down the car window and glanced out the windows in the side of the plane. They had begun their takeoff, skirting the water's surface for a bit before the military craft finally picked up into the salty air. In the front of the car, the driver and passenger exited the car to pass the time of the flight in other parts of the plane. Not really interested in moving about all that much, Brandon decided to hold onto his padded seat in the car rather than trying to find an elusive comfortable position on one of the steel benches bolted to the interior of the cargo plane. The bomber's confidence was reassuring, anyone that went into one of their missions with second thoughts or doubts was nothing but a liability. Then again, overconfidence could be just as self-destructive. Hopefully, the years that this woman had spent running from major military branches had given her the proper underdog mindset.

Arms still crossed with his chin lowered to his chest, the archer perked up at the request for his name. His shoulders remained in their leaned back position but the assassin raised his head to look the terrorist square on. "Brandon Cole. Former U.S. Ranger. What else do you want to know?" he responded, his voice bordering on monotone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 2:46 am

"Brandon...Cole..." Soo Young said she'd remember that name. The name of the man who'd caught her interest when others had failed to even gain her attentions. She moved on to her next question her eyes sweeping over him trying to figure him out. "Army Rangers...Last I checked the Rangers didn't hunt vampires...How did you end up with this assignment?" Soo Young asked turning her gaze out the window toward one of the few windows in the cargo area of the plane. The man's voice held no emotion within it she wondered if it was due to training like hers or if it was because he chose not to express himself. Regardless of either possible reason she continued speaking. "I want to know whatever you wish to share...I won't force a life story out of you...But I do wish to understand you..." Soo Young said not turning her gaze from the window.

This man Brandon Cole was a man who did not allow himself to be bound by what others demanded of him. He chose his own path and knew his purpose what he was trained and made to achieve. And that was what intrigued her about him she wished to know what his purpose on this earth was.

(Sorry post is short ^^)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:51 am

She was certainly a curious one alright. He'd reviewed her file before arriving at the prison but thus far past interrogators had been unable to create a proper psyche profile. To just about everyone that mattered, this woman was an impenetrable blank slate. He was good at reading people but it would be weeks before Cole could put together anything resembling a proper evaluation. They had time to kill so he'd play along for a bit to try and get a better perspective on how the killer beside him ticked. "Last I checked, neither did North Korean terrorists," he responded at first, not yet looking at her.

When he finally felt her eyes leave him, Cole sighed lightly and decided to throw the lioness her pound of flesh. "Boredom honestly. I have a certain set of skills that proved quite useful. I was looking for a challenge and orders are orders. That answer your question?" the archer said in an off hand manner. There was no truly traumatic event that had launched him into a campaign of revenge against the supernatural. The V.W.A.T. had needed good soldiers and he was a damn good soldier looking for a change. Perhaps the most spectacular thing about it was just how unspectacular it really was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Soo Young listened to his answer he didn't give anymore information than he had to something she'd come to expect from men like him. Somehow she felt a bit of distaste at his mention of orders she'd thought he'd had more free will than that. More drive to achieve his own purposes instead of working to achieve the purposes of others. She sighed as she crossed her arms to look out the window watching the ocean slowly fall lower and lower beneath the rim of the plane's window before finally disappearing from view. "Orders...I'm somewhat dissapointed...I thought you were different from the average grunt but there are still some similarities...Not many but they are still there..." Soo Young said not turning to look at him. "But there's still time...Maybe you'll realize that your purpose is your own and that your life shouldn't be spent and risked serving the purpose of those too afraid to serve their own." Soo Young said part of her understood her own words but another part of her realized how jumbled they seemed to be.

She didn't want to delve too deep into the mind of this man he was like a good book. And like with any good book one never wanted to reach the end too soon. "Yes...You've answered my questions...Thank you." Soo Young said in a slightly dismissive tone. She was still very intrigued by this Brandon Cole fellow but to rush into things would be unwise. Experience in life and combat had taught her these lessons long ago and she wouldn't let her curiosity be her end. For the rest of the trip she would fall silent until they reached their destination wanting to save any further conversation for another time. She'd look forward to their next conversation eager to learn more about this man who seemed to have a purpose neither he or she knew about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Despite his baser instincts, Cole decided not to respond to the former terrorist. Similar to the average grunt eh? And what exactly was so terrible about that? In the end, he had chosen to live his life as a soldier and that involved carrying out orders. However, the manner in which the objectives was, and always would be, his alone to decide. All that being said, Brandon felt no need to justify his actions to a woman he had just met. It wouldn't get him anywhere in the end. As the woman slipped into silence so did he, contently awaiting their craft's return to base where he could finally turn Soo Young over to the guards stationed there who would show her to her room and explain some of the basic rules of the facility. He honestly doubted she'd wind up obeying most of them. In any case, he'd gotten the introduction he needed to the newest member of the team and that was all he'd really needed. Even if he wasn't yet ready to trust in her character, he could at least trust in her skills. For now, that was enough.

=====>EXIT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba   Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Empty

Back to top Go down

Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum :: Hellsing RPG :: Other Countries :: United States-
Jump to: